Obesity mostly attributed to poor lifestyle choices, such as eating oversized food portion, processed foods high in fat, lack of physical activity, lack of sleep, overeating, and other similar habits. Hormonal problems and genetic factors also tend to increase the risk of developing obesity.
Obesity is the biggest concern not because of the excess weight, but also it can make serious health issues such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and others
It is very important to change the lifestyle and adopt a healthy lifestyle change to combat this problem. Also, you can use natural and home remedies to help you deal with the weight loss. Obesity can be measured using a Body Mass Index (BMI). These are some of the home remedies for weight loss that you can try at home.
Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies to lose weight or obesity, and lemon juice helps in aids in detoxification and also improve digestion. For weight loss, healthy digestion is an essential pre-requisite as it helps the body to get all the nutrients that are required for fat burning. Furthermore, it helps to remove the toxins that slow down the metabolism from the body.
- In one glass of water, mix three teaspoons of lemon juice, one-half teaspoon of black pepper powder and one teaspoon of honey. (just add a one-quarter teaspoon, if you use freshly ground black pepper.)
- Drink the mixture in the morning on an empty stomach and do drinking daily for at least three months.
Alternately, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in a cup of warm water and drink.
Apple cider vinegar
Unfiltered and raw apple cider vinegar is one of the another popular home remedies for obesity or reduces excess weight. Preliminary research has proven that it can help to protect against obesity. However, benefits on actual weight loss are still unknown. Prevents the accumulation of fat by helping in breaking down fat.
- In a glass of water, mix two teaspoons of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar. Drink daily in the morning and before meals preferably.
- You can also drink by adding one teaspoon lemon juice into a glass of water that mixed with one teaspoon of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar.
Do not exceed more than two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day because it may reduce the potassium levels in the blood and lower the bone mineral density.
Aloe vera is a useful remedy for treating the obesity because it increases energy consumption, stimulates the metabolism, and also mobilize the unused fat in the body of an individual. It contains natural collagen proteins that make the human body work harder to absorb the nutrients. Also, also helps to remove the toxins from the colon and digestive system.
- Peel two fresh aloe vera leaves and scoop the pulp.
- Along with one cup of citrus juice such as grapefruit juice or orange juice or simply water, put it in a blender.
- Daily drink this for at least for one month.
Green tea is another useful remedy for weight loss or obesity. A study at Penn State found that epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which is a compound included in green tea, by increasing the human body’s ability to use fat and by limiting the fat absorption can help to slow down the weight gain.
Furthermore, green tea is packed with nutrients such as chromium, carotenoids, vitamin c, zinc, selenium and other trace minerals.
Drink daily about three to four cups of green tea to reduce obesity. You can also combine it with cayenne pepper or ginger tea.
Cayenne pepper aids in weight loss and helps to control obesity. Contains capsaicin which increases energy expenditure and estimates your body to burn fat.
Also, it suppresses excess appetite and stimulates digestion due to malabsorption of nutrients in the body.
- By pouring one glass of hot water over cayenne pepper, you can make the cayenne pepper tea(start with one-tenth of the teaspoon and gradually increase the quantity to one teaspoon ). Squeeze half the lemon into it. Regularly drink this tea for at least one month.
- Mix two teaspoons each of maple syrup and lemon juice in 10 ounces of water (one glass contains 8 ounces). Drink it after stirring in a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Use cayenne pepper and other spices, such as black pepper, mustard seed, and ginger generously in your meal preparations.
In the morning works, eating ten curry leaves daily is a great Ayurveda remedy to deal with weight problems or obesity or diabetes caused by obesity. Try to continue this treatment at least three to four months for better results.
Curry leaves contain mahanimbine, which is alkaloid have effects on anti-obesity and lipid-lowering shown by research. Reduces total cholesterol and triglyceride levels and helps in lower body weight.
Every morning, eat a couple of tomatoes on an empty stomach. Also, make sure that eat the seeds and peels as well because they contain more dietary fiber. Contain compounds which tend to change the levels of hormones that can affect the appetite.
Furthermore, they are rich in magnesium, manganese, vitamin A, C, and K, folate, choline, and other nutrients, and also they are good for the health. They are richly packed with antioxidants that can prevent against cancers.
Make boiled or raw cabbage as an integral part of the weight loss diet. Cabbage contains tartaric acid that helps in inhibits conversation of sugar or glucose and other carbohydrates to fat. Moreover, low in calories and rich in vitamin C but high in fiber and water content.
Being a cruciferous vegetable, cabbage contains phytochemicals that help in improve the imbalance of estrogen metabolism that causes your body to store fat but also promotes ovarian cancer, breast cancer, and others. Other cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and Swiss chard are also beneficial in this regard.
Because of their diuretic properties in fennel seeds, they are believed to be useful in obesity and weight loss. By reducing water retention, diuretics help to lose weight. However, it does not cause a long-term weight loss in individuals.
- Sieve the powder after slightly dry roast and grind the fennel seeds. Mix these powder one-half teaspoon daily with warm water. Using this remedy will also help in relieve indigestion, constipation and abdominal gas.
- Drinking the fennel tea 25 minutes before the meal is also a good remedy.
Honey and Cinnamon
To boost the metabolism, detoxify your body and increase your energy include honey and Cinnamon tea to your diet. All these effects can promote the weight loss in an individual. By promoting fat metabolism honey fights obesity. Cinnamon reduces oxidative stress that associated with metabolic syndrome and also helps to avoid overeating by fighting insulin resistance.
Over one-half teaspoon of Cinnamon powder pour one cup of hot water( you can also use Cinnamon sticks). Let it steep for half an hour. You can also mix in one teaspoon of organic honey. On an empty stomach in the morning drink half of it, about half an hour before the breakfast. Rest you can drink at night before going to bed by storing in the refrigerator.
To flush out the toxins in your body make sure that you drink eight glass of water throughout the day along with these remedies.
Studies or research have found that plant-based food can help the individuals who have obesity because they contain phytochemicals which can prevent oxidative stress, which contributes to obesity. So rather than processed, fast foods opt for plant-based foods. Also include blueberries, carrots, figs, peaches, and grapes in the diet.
Another important tip is that do not avoid the breakfast to fight the obesity. Research shows that compared to the individuals who eat a large dinner, those who have the big breakfast are more likely to lose the weight or obesity and even a few inches off their waistline.